I was beginning to wonder if I was just unlucky or fussy or both as almost everything I buy these days seems to be faulty when I get it home or goes wrong quickly; I’m pleased to see that I am not alone.
I mentioned this to a friend after his second Apple Powerbook power supply failed within days of buying the Powerbook and he’s beaten me to posting about it.
Looking at what’s gone wrong recently it seem that spending money and buying brands no longer guarantees that something will work or last:
- iMac – first one had a noisy PSU fan
- Mont Blanc fountain pen – has been for repair three times in less than 12 months
- Baby’s cot mobile – on/off switch did not work
- Mamas and Papas push chair – faulty rain cover and missing parts
- iPod Photo – headphone socket failed
- 2 Powerbook power supplies
To name just a few.
Reading my list you do have to wonder about the quality of Apple hardware…